Amazon Ads

Bigrock Ads

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Aishwarya Rai was Will Smith’s first choice for Hancock!!!

ishwarya Rai was Will Smith's first choice for Hancock!

The gorgeous Indian actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was Will Smith's first choice for Hancock over Oscar winning Charlize Theron, but the actress declined.

Will Smith, who by his own admission a great fan of Ash, is not disappointed and believes that they will share good on-screen chemistry.

"I would love to work with Aishwarya. She is gorgeous. I had even offered her roles with me. In fact, for Hancock also, she was my first preference over Charlize. I received denials all the times, may be she had some justified problems. But of course, I will do anything to work with Aishwarya," he said in an e-mail interview.

Smith is in love with Bollywood and believes that the future of international cinema lies in a conjugal tie between the world's two largest entertainment industries.

"I think a marriage between Bollywood and Hollywood would yield outstanding results. I would love to work in an Indian film. I have seen a couple of Bollywood movies, which had impressed me a lot. I love Indian cinema and its actors. Their energy level is just incompatible. The songs and dances in Bollywood movies are just amazing. I also had a word with Karan Johar. Let's see what's there in store," says the actor.

Already popular among Indian cine-fans, the actor is all praise for the Indian audience and hopes his latest flick will also enjoy similar love from them.

"I thank them with all my heart for watching my films with a keen interest and hope the same for Hancock too. Indian audience are very sensible and I expect that my film will receive warmth in manifolds."

Touched by Indian hospitality, Smith says he had a fun time during his last visit here and would love to visit India again.

"I received a lot of love and a hearty welcome from all in India. I would surely love to be back to India and try and deal out something really good. The one word which I could learn very easily and which touched my heart is for all the Indians - Namastey India!" he says.

In Hancock, Smith plays the character of a superhero who saves countless lives, but in the due course also unwittingly inflicts jaw-dropping damages to public property!

Directed by renowned Hollywood film director Peter Berg, Hancock is an action genre made on a budget of over $150 million. Oscar winning actress Charlize Theron and actor Jason Bateman also star in the movie.

No comments: